6% the first couple hours??

Discussion in 'eInvesting Trading Simulator' started by waltman, Nov 1, 2005.

1. waltman

waltman Member Original Member

How the heck could that guy be up 6% in the first couple hours of the month?? I admit - I had to know so I peeked. (Donate more than $1000 to the person and you get a one-time sneak peek.)

He had a stock that is up 20% so far today...

Why can't I pick those?

Oh well... maybe it will be down 20% by the end of the month.

Will he "lock-in" his profits sometime during the month?? If he does will someone come in at the last minute and steal the prize?

This could get interesting...

2. Vester

Vester Member Original Member

Programmer
    I'm playing it a bit more safe. Looks like you are too considering your only down .34% so far.

I might have to peek to check out the stock he's holding.

3. efflandt

efflandt Member Original Member

October saw a lot of stocks dip for no apparent reason (other than uncertainty about earnings, etc. after hurricanes and fuel prices). So if you could pick such stock(s) in October, you could have a good rebound in November.

For example I thought I was getting a decent price in a dip last month, but after a brief rally it slid -12.23% by end of month. In Nov. it gained that back and then some.

I was looking forward to another gap up Friday (11/4), and it did, but that was just so the manipulators could dip it enough to trip trailing stop losses and grab a quick bargain before Monday's earnings report. It quickly rebounded to previous close and flattened out in high volume, closing 8 cents down. If 3rd Q earnings and 4th Q outlook is as good as expected, it could rally next week. With real money, I am still behind where I was 9/30.

4. davidpayton

davidpayton New Member Original Member

Free updates on the latest news and stock picks on the market! Get
    free newsletter now!

Premium Stock Picks