Converting Vacant Blocks into Investments

Discussion in 'Real Estate' started by CJ. Wentworth, Feb 23, 2006.

1. CJ. Wentworth

CJ. Wentworth Member Original Member

I've just purchased a small block of land in Far North Queensland, Australia. I'm not sure how things are run (tax-wise) from wherever you're from, but here if your property/whatever is not earning an income, then any expenditure on the property is not tax deductable.

I was wondering if there is anyone out there with suggestions for turning this block into an income producing property, without building a house on it.

2. DKnightSr

DKnightSr Member Original Member

I just took a peak at it. Man, that is BEAUTIFUL! To heck with the tax savings... pitch a tent on it, break out a cold six pack, and enjoy the view! Few things in this world are better than what you have there.

I jealous! :(

3. poornewb

poornewb Member Original Member

I make network clouds

Uhh golf course, R.V. park. Camp grounds. Put a Clubhouse on it and use it as a Company retreat, Build a spa on it, with beach huts. Put some amenities on it and charge people to swim at the beach in a nice area with say some cabana's. possibiltys are endless. Good luck.

4. marypeterson

marypeterson New Member Original Member

Guaranteed new ideas with simple ways on having good stock picks to be able to gain more!

Premium Stock Picks