experiment with GE

Discussion in 'Research Center' started by frusnak, Oct 15, 2008.

?

OK frusnak may not have lost it with the I.S. thing but now...

1. He's defineately on the money

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. He's defineately on the pipe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. frusnak

frusnak Active Member Original Member

I've been buying GE for the last couple of weeks. It's been on a downward slide so I've bought 100 , 200, 300, 600, 1200 now 2400 shares. Each buy was at a lower level than the previous buy. I'm either going to filthy a$$ rich or totally wiped out! At which point I will say adious to this web site. If I make a killing you all will have to deal with my mega ego... :wink: :lol: :twisted:

2. eamoses

eamoses Member Original Member

well, going by the fact that Buffett is on your side you'll probably come out on top. this will probably be a long term play though. I'm doing a long term play myself, though maybe more risky. I've been buying BAC on dips through the past few weeks, as long as the government doesn't nationalize these then I'll look really smart. Once they come back I should be good for over a 50% increase, plus dividends collected during the wait.

Of course current events can drive you crazy, i'm going to hold on. BAC and GE are really strong companies and have been around for a while. It's not a given, but certainly a better shot than penny stocks. JPM would be another good one, they made it though the depression, and will probably remain strong for years to come.

3. frusnak

Well. it hasn't gone below my most recent low point buy so shale we assume that this stock has reached it's low point?

4. DKnightSr

DKnightSr Member Original Member

Mr Frusnak,

FYI... I believe BAC bought Countrywide. I have a Countrywide mortgage that we're going to pay off here very soon. So you'll have at least another $129000 to work with :wink:

It may be a long term play...but I believe you're nesting in the right neighborhood. As for ego....it seems to be a requirment to some degree in successful investing. You have to believe in yourself to take the risks we do.

FYI #2....I said goodbye to T-Bills last week, and am up to my a$$ in SPY. Couldn't figure out the individual issues of each company, so copped out and rode the SPY-Train. Sorry, I'm just not brave enough for SSO on the real dollars side. Great potential, but hurts like @@@@ on the down slide :lol:

And all of this from "Chicken Little". :wink: But hey, I think we're down to the point of "Do you believe in the system"....and though we have our problems, I still believe.

Meantime......have you checked Ford lately? :lol: :wink: :lol: We're not there yet....but I think it will come. They have really been working hard on their products, and I think will stage a come back in the next couple of years. However, as we've both seen....that may not be investing....but speculating :wink: Still...at today's prices.... ???

I'm still thinking :lol:

5. frusnak

Me to! God Bless America... :shock: did I say that out load?? :D

6. eamoses

With RIMM so low I might just have to start watching it-- though I'm pretty sure the iPhone is the real deal and it will be a while for Blackberry to be able to compete with this beast. Though at nearly half price, it's hard not to buy some...

BAC has been in a trading range-- they are finishing up the acquisition of Meryll. Countrywide will eventually pay off I think, maybe the economy woes have scared people to quit spending and pay off their homes.

Thanks DKnight, maybe that will help...

7. frusnak

Boy o boy...if the I.S. starts buying back this stock you're going to see a huge jump in my net worth!!!! :shock: :lol: +$1.70 today :twisted:
    Yeah I know never count your chickens before they hatch but I see them getting ready to break out...

8. bst5017

bst5017 Member Original Member

Looks good, it is down a little bit after hours trading. Silly question, but what do you mean by "I.S" ?

9. frusnak

I.S. is the invisible society...do a search and you'll find a few pages devoted to who what when where...

GE is up from it's low of 17.75 to over 20.75 :D

10. PescadoCiudad

PescadoCiudad New Member Original Member

there are some clarifications needed here

-------------------------------
    Buffett may be on your side but he plays by his own rules, I would gladly take the deal he got over common stock of GE.

BAC just halved their dividend - not sure if that happened before this post but it just goes to show even the most respected "dividend achievers" are $crewed if they insist on lending money to folks who can't pay it back. GE has NOT raised their dividend this year - and you can blame GEFinancial for that - see statement above about lending money to those who can't/won't pay you back

11. bst5017

ge looks like its going to take a hit today.

GE - 18.06 -1.87 -9.40%

12. jacobnbr1

jacobnbr1 Member Original Member

business owner of many
    Home Page:
    I should hope you sold this..

13. frusnak

Nah, I'm doing it like the big boys with this one... when it takes off which it should my e's are gonna boom! :twisted:
    If not this country is in for a helluva time!!!!

14. bst5017

i do not have tons of experience with technical trading...but it looks lieke GE is in a downtrend right now -di is increasing along with adx, rsi is decreasing, CCI is still positive but downsloping suggesting its not oversold.....who knows though

15. jacobnbr1

business owner of many
    Home Page:
    I was just suggesting a buy in at around 11sh, 10 maybe (given the current salamie going on..

16. DKnightSr

DKnightSr Member Original Member

Not a problem my brother! Paid off the 129K, but turned around and borrowed 60K on a new home. AND AT 1.25% more interest. Hope you in fact bought the BAC....somebody might as well make SOMETHING out of this deal....even if it isn't ME!!!! :twisted: :lol: :lol:

17. eamoses

I've been buying BAC for a while. Since the price is so low lately I have been picking up even more.

18. frusnak

If you see my return percentage you will have a good idea how my experiment is progressing! :? put in a buy order for 9600 shares. gulp...next down stroke will equate to 19,200, man I hope it goes up soon or I'll be broke and have to borrow some more e$'s from Grim... :shock: :? :cry: :lol:

19. jacobnbr1

business owner of many
    Home Page:
    I can float ya ten k if she doesnt work out...

That's 50% of what i have. :lol:

I have been doodling with my own tests and i only want limited funds.

I been doodling here and VSE with a 10k port from month to month to find the best method for growth rate.

It has been tough to find bullish plays with the current market conditions but i am learning alot more than traditional ways i have been investing + VSE simulator wants to screw me all the time...

20. frusnak

WOW, It's hit below $15.00 a share so I bought 19,200 more shares.. this is gonna be interesting! Thats 38,400 shares total...
    Boom or Bust...