experiment with GE

Discussion in 'Research Center' started by frusnak, Oct 15, 2008.

?

OK frusnak may not have lost it with the I.S. thing but now...

1. He's defineately on the money

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. He's defineately on the pipe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jacobnbr1

jacobnbr1 Member Original Member

business owner of many
    Home Page:
    I could save ya some e$ if you would just buy in around 10.00 as i said earlier..

You could be lucky enough to get some in the 9's if you are watching closely

2. DKnightSr

DKnightSr Member Original Member

Mmmmm....sounds like we're both sweating :roll: I went "all in" real dollars at S&P 875. I've been changing my underwear hourly ever since. :wink: If I can live through the rest of this month, I might close the year without a coronary....but I got to get to Dec 1st. :D I think we've priced in about all the possible bad news we can, and I don't know about you....but I'm about tired of all the doom and gloom....and millionaires marching on Washington for hand outs. Let's change the record and start talking about how we roll up our sleeves and work to get out of this instead of cranking the printing press faster! :x

Let's do this....let's let the law of supply and demand, coupled with the survival of the fittest weed this thing out once and for all. At this point, I don't really care what it costs me personally, but I'm tired of Uncle Sugar sticking the beauracratic t_tty in the mouths of those who drive home in limo's.

I say....let the laws of nature prevail, and we all do our best. Last man standing....gets to own Citicorp. Now THERE's a white elephant prize!

My grandfather worked WPA to hold his family together. My dad and mom picked berries and nuts for farmers one year. I myself have washed more than one dish when things got tight.

How 'bout we let corporate america learn their lessons the same way we did? One thing about the school of hard knocks....it's a graduate degree program in survival.

NO MORE HANDOUTS... PERIOD! :x

So...edollars I'm SSO all the way. Like you said....boom or bust! :wink:

3. bst5017

bst5017 Member Original Member

good post dknightsr. i like the term "beauracratic t_tty"

4. frusnak

frusnak Active Member Original Member

OK folks, it's starting to go up in price. If it continues to appreciate I'll as rich as the boys in I.S. :twisted:

5. jacobnbr1

business owner of many
    Home Page:
    I still think you can get mooore lower.

6. DKnightSr

I believe it was Newton who coined the phrase: "What goes up, must eventually come down". Seems for a few years we got that one backwards..."What goes down must eventually come up".

I think there's a couple of folks at GM who are re-thinking their outlooks.

Meantime, I think it's time for a little walk on the wild side with "F". Care to join me Mr Frusnak? :wink:

7. jacobnbr1

business owner of many
    Home Page:
    I may join yuns on that venture too.

I just did GM and im gonna do it again...

8. frusnak

Dunno, F was good for a couple of real$ last year but they (auto's) scare me lately. GE is a good company and I believe it will rebound in a short time frame. Maybe I should look at it again, they claim to be able to be profitable bt 2011 and want to have a credit line instead of a handout. :shock: :roll:

9. DKnightSr

Yep! And while GM/Chrysler pays back loans, F will put money in the company. I like that! Almost a new concept for Detroit.

I've always wanted to be able to say that a stock I bought actually doubled. Haven't yet...but this might be a good candidate. I don't think 5 to 6 dollars is completely out of the question in the next 12-18 months, especially if the unions pitch in and lend a hand.

I best quit typing....I'm reaching for my Scott Trader button ;-) It's a bit early yet for the "real $"....but I picked up a few e-dollars worth....just for kicks :wink:

10. jacobnbr1

business owner of many
    Home Page:
    Well if you got in with edollahs means you paid over 2.00 for it.

I would buy it right at 2.00 here in the sim

11. frusnak

Although my screen return shows only 9% return on GE. I have in fact made 19.5%, no one has ever satisfactorily explained that discrepancy! :shock: :?

12. frusnak

GE is moving slowly but steadily upward in stock price. We'll see if I can continue to make money selling on it's way up to $35+ in a year from now! :twisted:

13. frusnak

GE is moving slowly but steadily upward in stock price. We'll see if I can continue to make money selling on it's way up to $35+ in a year from now! :twisted:

14. card2u

card2u Member Original Member

Ge

Making $30 a share in the near future will be a challege, But I like your thinking.

15. frusnak

It seems to be at an impasse at $12 - $13 a share but I sold at it's last jump up to $13 and bought at it's down stroke to $11. Hey if I can continue to buy and sell 40,000 shares at $2 profit I'll take it! :twisted: That's what the big boys do in real time...

16. frusnak

I have over 100,000 shares... :shock: man just think if it goes back to it's normal trading range of $35.00... :twisted: I'll be the richest active investor on this site... :shock: :D :lol: 8) :twisted: :idea: :arrow: :!:

17. DKnightSr

Mr Frusnak- You are using E-dollars for all this....right? :lol:

18. frusnak

[​IMG]Ahhhh...yeah, sure just e$'s... :shock:

19. frusnak

It's up again today...trading @ $12.25. Is this going to go back up to it's typical trading ranges? Stay tuned folks this is go na be a helluva ride! :p

20. DKnightSr

Mr Frusnak,

I am most concerned about you. I am of the opinion that your clutch is slipping! :wink: Loading up on GE is bad enough, but to load up on GE while you continue to butcher the the English language and it's spelling, strikes me as a man with only one suspender on his knickers! May I recommend that you take some of your profits, and apply for Florida State Seniors Campus. I understand they have a most satisfying spelling bee quarterly. But keep the side bets to a minimum, as you'll need the cash flow....for when GE dumps to $8. Enjoy your journey, but look out for the sudden stop at the end of the drop! :D :D LMFAO :wink:

By the way, we ARE talking General Electric here and not Gone Eccentric, right? :wink: