Limit Orders

Discussion in 'eInvesting Trading Simulator' started by mrbradg, Dec 6, 2005.

1. mrbradg

mrbradg Member Original Member

Insurance Agent
    Home Page:
    Why can't we do limit orders? Just market orders? Doesn't seem like a true way to learn to trade. Do not mean to down this site but I have seen a lot more that have more realistic ways of trading.

2. Benjamin

Benjamin Active Member Original Member

Webmaster/Investor
    Home Page:
    Of course when you say that you have 6.66% :twisted:

Limit orders are an important tool for all traders and can keep you from getting severely burned.

There were plans to add limit orders, but it didn't fit in the scope for the last upgrade to the Sim. This function is on the short list of add-ons that hopefully will be implemented early next year.

3. mrbradg

Insurance Agent
    Home Page:
    6.66% Is that good?

4. Benjamin

Benjamin Active Member Original Member

Webmaster/Investor
    Home Page:
    Actually 6 and a half percent is very good for 4 trading days into the month. It was the 666 I was joking about though. ;)

5. mrbradg

Insurance Agent
    Home Page:
    Yea that is pretty freaky huh. I checked out at a gas station not to long ago. Got a sandwich and some chips and drink. Was leaving Auburn U from seeing my girlfriend and sure enough a total of $6.66. I was watching my driving the whole 4 hour drive back home.

6. goldguy2

goldguy2 Member Original Member

Retired newsman.
    Limit orders.

I second the motion for limit orders, and also hope stops can be added. It allows you to get on with other matters without going into shock when you finally check your portfolio. Also at least for me it tends to get me into and out of a stock more sensibly, rather than panicking at news and dumping a golden egg that turned dull for a day or two because of profit-taking, or snapping up a stock that's soaring today and is revealed as a lemon tomorrow. It's easy for me to slip over from investing (or even trading) into outrageous gambling. Watching prices slide up or down is worse than the bells on a slot machine. "Just one more pull and I'll make a fortune!"

As to the number 666 being nasty, well, numbers are relative. When the thermometer on our back porch yesterday morning read 11 below zero as I headed out to shovel the driveway, I thought 11. Later in the day I came across a photo emailed to me by my scientist friend who's doing research at the South Pole, where it was 50 below zero at the time. So I suddenly regarded 11 as a nice number. I can't imagine functioning at 50 below zero.

7. Trading Simulator

Trading Simulator Member Original Member

The current system was designed to support limit orders... so we definitely plan to include them at some future date. By pushing all orders through the order queue we can allow for limit orders, stop orders, and other more sophisticated trading strategies.

There's no scheduled release date for these upgrades, but they are on the list to be implemented. Thanks for the suggestions, and for your patience. 8)

8. candyklum

candyklum New Member Original Member

I just want to share something to you.

I've been checking this newsletter out since at the start of this year and it gives me great gains from the start until now.

Check the link below.

Premium Stock Picks