nano tech

Discussion in 'The Stock Market (NYSE, NASDAQ and AMEX)' started by frusnak, Nov 2, 2005.

1. frusnak

frusnak Active Member Original Member

what are some companies that are into nano technology :?:

2. bradleyt

bradleyt Member Original Member

INTK, is one, they are doing some testing wth BP, its in the final stages right now

3. frusnak

thanks for the stock. I also did a search on internet under nanotechnology and found alti this one seems to be making progress towards viable commercial products. :?:

4. zhukov

zhukov New Member Original Member

Nanotech - I am wary

As an academic organic chemist I have to say that nanotechnology could be quite a bit away from really making it big. A few new materials or maybe some additives for lubrication, etc may be on the way but there is a lot of buzz just because it sounds cool. In realty the nano-world, if you will, is difficult to control at the nanoscale (10E-9 meters).

That said, the activity on the street may be enough to "bubble" up the area even more. After all, stocks are speculative. Choose wisely.

Zhukov

5. vetelmo

vetelmo Active Member Original Member

what do they do with nano technology?

6. frusnak

I agree that the full commercialization of nano tech may be a ways off, but with a political administration that truely wants to cut our dependance on oil would greatly accelerate the process.
    See what was possible with getting to the moon in 10 years. All investments can be a gamble and require research.
    Alti is working with unlv research foundation to develope solar hydrogen generation cells. Develope lithium polymer batteries in china, a titanium dioxide pigment manufacturing process. :D