Stock: ARM Holdings plc (ARMH)

Discussion in 'eInvesting Buy / Sell Alerts and Discussions' started by Dave Rathbun, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Dave Rathbun

Dave Rathbun Original Creator Original Member

Dave Rathbun purchased 500 shares of (ARMH) ARM Holdings plc stock @ $49.16 per share.

2. Dave Rathbun

Dave Rathbun sold 500 shares of (ARMH) ARM Holdings plc stock @ $49.75 per share.

3. Dave Rathbun

There's no magic in this trade, I was just testing out the simulator screens. :) The fact that the stock happened to go up while I was doing so was a bonus.

I do hold this stock in my real-life portfolio. It used to be an inexpensive way to get into the Apple bandwagon. ARHM is a foreign company (based in the UK I think) that makes components used in iPhones and iPads and so on. Back when Apple was over $600 a share, this stock was trading in the 30-40 range. The idea is that if you can't afford Apple, buy companies that Apple does business with, and a "rising tide lifts all boats" and so on.

Then again, it didn't work out so well for the company that made sapphire glass...

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/1...pened-to-the-sapphire-glass-maker-and-why.htm

4. JRW-910

JRW-910 Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Electrical Engineer
    Home Page:
    $GTAT was such a hyped up stock. I feel badly because there were so many retail traders in it that must have gotten killed. Never touched that one... but did watch it closely as it played out.

-JRW