Where's Grim?

Discussion in 'General Non-Investing Discussion' started by eamoses, Sep 26, 2008.

1. DKnightSr

DKnightSr Member Original Member

jacob-

To use an old term....you're not factoring in the "silent majority". Not everyone went nuts with credit, or bought houses for twice what they're worth. They spurned the new $35000 plus new car, and putzed along, driving old cars, paying off their mortgages, and making sure their VISA was paid in full each month, while raising families. I'm at the tail end of the Baby Boomers, the old washed up has beens that learned work ethic at very young ages. For me, that was 8 years old, working in the fields and buying my own clothes/school supplies/saving in the bank. I am WAY too certain that there are those, like me, just sitting on the sidelines waiting for all the folks to unscramble the messes they made.

On a very un-Christian note...if they suffer a little in the process, that's on them. Once again, life is full of choices, choices have consequences.

Two laws that have NEVER been broken:

Supply and Demand

Survival of the Fittest

As for Anarchy, marching on D.C. etc.....before eating your cereal in the morning....make sure the white stuff you're putting on it is sugar! I'm beginning to believe someone has spiked your sugar bowl! :wink: As for credit freeze.....I guess I just really don't care.

I believe in the United States as a government of the people, by the people, for the people, who's just powers are derived from the consent of the governed.

By that definition....my elected officials are doing the best they can to mop up a mess that millions of people made. That's what I pay them for, though in this particular case it's not near enough for all the abuse they take.

Once again I say...suck it up, ruck it up, and get on with life. If you keep looking backwards, you're going to run into something in front of you. In this case.....it's called reality. DON"T FORGET!!! We're not getting out of this alive anyway.....so chill bro'...chill! :wink:

2. vetelmo

vetelmo Active Member Original Member

I deal in cash as well. Credit is not an issue for me, dont want it, dont need it. I'd be up to my neck in bills right now if I did.

3. frusnak

frusnak Active Member Original Member

I also believe that this country is for the people but right now it's not by the people! I guess it's got to get a whole lot worse to get better. Maybe when obama wins and drives this country into economic ruin, we(the tax paying portion of this country) Will wake up and elect some real patriots into office. These people will do what is needed to ensure the future of this great country and not blindly follow "party lines" :?

4. jacobnbr1

jacobnbr1 Member Original Member

business owner of many
    Home Page:
    I doan know frus!

There still people arguing 9/11 was not an inside job.

It's like "HOW FRIGGEN DUMB CAN YOU PEOPLE BE"

it's been this long, this much time has passed and you still haven't thought about the physics that burning jet fuel isn't plausable to melt steel?

I'm telling you frus, there should really be some outrage in the country and since there isn't it paints a clear sighn to dc that we are gulable for anything.

5. frusnak

I believe it's as simple as people demanding good leadership. How can sr. executives of bankrupt corps be picked for govrnment financial positions. Greenspan left because W wanted things to go like they did. Who did he pick to replace him????? That's right unsuccessful executives just like him self. :?
    It's a shame with what kind of choices we have to make this Nov..... :?
    I'm pi$$ed *ff as he double LL!!!

6. jacobnbr1

jacobnbr1 Member Original Member

business owner of many
    Home Page:
    I've given up on the "THOUGHT" that votes mean something, the vote polls are just as corupt as dc itself.

I sent my voters reg. card back with a note written in red ink that stated
    "I have decided that it is clearly an option to vote and based on law i have decided to opt out and fire my representatives, please contact me by mail when/if the country gets back to having electors then i will participate"

Until then i do not endorse or imply that i am attached to the liability of the actions created by my alleged "representatives"...

Sadly enough the implied contract is through the use of fed notes so until i quit using those or use them under duress and protest without recourse and all that legalease that "atturn-onme's brillantly transpired i am still......
    As one could say " STUCK LIKE CHUCK"

But you hide and watch... were are getting Obama/Osama....

(like it or not)

7. frusnak

I'm sorry you feel the way you do about voting but we only have two options: vote (educated) or.... :?

8. MarieRoseAnn

MarieRoseAnn New Member Original Member